What is Vintage Clothing?
What is this? means “Clothes that are 20-100 years old”. Vintage clothing is a term that refers to clothing pieces depicting the cultures, traditions, and customs of that era. Every vintage clothing item reflects the style associated with that particular era. Fashion trends are changing with every passing minute. Every other day, we hear something new about the fashion industry. In other words, it is right to say that the fashion industry never stops; it is in the continuous process of evolution. Even though there are still some vintage items of clothing items that have been in style for decades and there are no chances of them going out of style anytime soon.
Some of the best examples of vintage clothing items are:
- Bolero jackets.
- Puffed and flutter sleeves.
- Oxfords, slingbacks, and peep-toe shoes.
- Straight tweed and wool plaid skirts,
- Reptile handbags and shoes.
- Platform shoes, brooches. And this list is quite long.
According to some fashion experts, fashion comes back after a few years. It could be a decade, two, or three. The fashion that becomes 100 years old is then known as “antique .”It is no longer referred to as vintage clothing.
Many people love to style vintage items like shoes, bags, clothes, etc.; if you are among them, great, it’s the right place for you. Here is a brief guide on how to buy Vintage items of clothes?
So let’s have a look.
How to buy Vintage Clothing items?
Buying real Vintage stuff is tricky because nowadays, there are spammers everywhere. And they are ready to sell you fake items in the name of “Vintage or antique .”So it’s important to stay vigilant and careful while buying vintage clothing items. Below are some tips that might help you in buying vintage clothing items.
- First, look for the shops or online clothing stores with “Vintage” written in their description. It’s possible to buy the best vintage items of clothing at second-hand shops.
- Before buying any vintage clothes item, have a few words with the seller to check his knowledge about vintage items. This conversation would tell you whether he is selling real or fake items.
- Before buying, knowing the size guide related to vintage clothes is essential; with the changing times, sizes have also changed. So I always suggest following a Rule of thumb.
Now you must be thinking, what is a rule of thumb? So A rule of thumb is that a piece of clothing from the 1950s or ’60s is marked 4 to 6 sizes larger than modern sizing. For instance, a dress from that era that is a size 12 would be a size six today approximately. So, if the shop has a changing room, give a dress a try. It would help you in buying the correct size.
Here is a brief guide on Vintage clothes items and how to style them? Do you like Vintage clothing items? How do you style them? Share your style tips with us in the comment section below.